Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, January 5, 2009

Stims today.....

I know it has been so long since I posted on my blog but the holidays were so busy. So here's the update. I am done with suppression. Had my baseline blood test and ultrasound this morning and it's a go. Eeee.... I have to take 2 injections this evening. I have never done this before so I am really scared. Maybe I'll get my friend who's a nurse to help me. She lives right next door and I have told her about our IVF. But I am not sure if I really want her help. I will try on my own first. Those of you who've been through this phase please give me some advice.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Yay that you're getting started! I've done IVF 4 times before (on my 5th cycle right now), so I've done my share of injections. Just thought I'd send you some calming vibes.

The injections themselves are not painful usually. Sometimes the medication may sting going in, but nothing stays painful more than a few minutes. The only thing is, make sure the alcohol is dry after you wipe your injection site, before you inject. If the alcohol is wet, that could cause the injection to sting more.

Firm grip and firm shot, and you're done :-)

Good luck!